[vtkusers] VTK DataSet's & Vector Fields

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:39:53 EST 2005

I have a set of VTK Datafiles (Rectilinear Grid) that contain 1 scalar
& 1 vector value.  I can load this dataset in Paraview 1.8 (using VTk
4.5.0) just fine, but attempting to load this manually in VTK 4.4 only
shows a single Scalar Field (GetNumberOfVectorsInFile returns 0).

Now, if I save the VTK file again in paraview, then I can load it back
up in my vtk program and it shows the vector field.  What changed
between VTK 4.4 & 4.5 in regards to the VTK file format?  I don't see
anything in CVS.

--
Randall Hand
http://www.yeraze.com