[vtkusers] VTK, MacOS and X11

Johnny C. Norris II jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 26 18:19:25 EST 2005

Martin Costabel wrote:
> Johnny C. Norris II wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion.  I changed the OpenGL settings to:
>>
>> OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
>> OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.dylib
>>
>> It didn't help, however.  I still get exactly the same errors.
>

> What is working for me (and for the Fink vtk-py23 package):
>
>   OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING="-lGL"
>   OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING="-lGLU"
>   OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11R6/include
>
> This is for the released version 4.4.0, though, not for the latest from
> CVS.

Thanks, but apparently this doesn't work anymore.

Building shared library
/Volumes/UberRaid/homes/jnorris/DEBUG/obj/VTK/bin/libvtkftgl.dylib...
/usr/bin/libtool: can't locate file for: -l-lGL
/usr/bin/libtool: file: -l-lGL is not an object file (not allowed in a
library)
make[5]: ***
[/Volumes/UberRaid/homes/jnorris/DEBUG/obj/VTK/bin/libvtkftgl.dylib] Error 1

I also tried this:
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING="GL"
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING="GLU"
but got basically the same error as above.

I also tried:
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING=/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING=/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.dylib
(notice the STRING instead of FILEPATH) but I still get the unresolved
symbols.

John
--
John Norris