[vtkusers] vtkPanel questions

Steve M. Robbins steven.robbins at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:07:40 EST 2005

Howdy,

I have two questions about the vtkPanel class, as seen in VTK 4.2 and
VTK 4.4.2.

Drawing surface locking: Each of the three native methods
RenderCreate(), Lock(), and UnLock() return a status integer
indicating failure.  This status is never checked.  Wouldn't it be
more robust and in keeping with the spirit of Java if an exception
were thrown instead?

Interaction style: The vtkPanel class implements listeners for mouse
and keystrokes.  It looks to me like there is a hardcoded interaction
style with keys r, u, w, and s bound.  Does this mean that
vtkRenderWindowInteractor is completely out of the picture?

Thanks,
-Steve