[vtkusers] Re: Picking

Andrew J. Dolgert ajd27 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:29:29 EST 2005

>From reading vtkPicker.cxx, I recall seeing what looked like it might be
a problem with the tolerance.  vtkPicker::Tolerance defines a tolerance
as percentage of screen size.  vtkPicker::Pick() converts this Tolerance
into world coordinates as tol.  When the actual pick is done, it is done
in mapper coordinates, those of the actor, but tol is still used.  If
the actor's coordinates are significantly different in scale from world
coordinates,  there could be a problem.

This is just something I noticed reading.  I didn't test it.

Drew