[vtkusers] Help, weird error in vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

Yingcai Wu wycken at msn.com
Thu Jan 20 14:33:13 EST 2005

Hi, all
Have you ever used the famous vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor class that
implements
the function of vtkRenderWindowInteractor and FLTK window simultaneously?

I encounter a weird error when using vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.
I have been upsetting with this problem for a whole month, and I couldn¡¯t
fix it by myself.

The problem appeared when I compiled and ran the original example cone3.cxx
contained
in the package of vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.tar.gz, which can be
downloaded from
http://cpbotha.net/vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.html
When it ran, I clicked the quit button, a window will pop up , indicating
that "R6025: pure virtual function call."

I modified the original cone3.cxx as follows to redraw the scene in the
window.

1. Delete the line 188 in cone3.cxx, namely, vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor
*fl_vtk_window = NULL;

2. Replace the quit_cb function, namely,
void quit_cb(Fl_Widget*, void*)
{
exit(0);
}

With the following codes:

vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor *fl_vtk_window = NULL;
void create_cone_pipeline(vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor *flrwi);
// this is a callback for the quit button
void quit_cb(Fl_Widget*, void*)
{
create_cone_pipeline(fl_vtk_window);
fl_vtk_window->GetRenderWindow()->Render();
}

I don¡¯t know why such problem occurs. It¡¯s likely that I am redrawing the
scene using the
wrong method. Would you please do me a favor to show me a correct redrawing
method?

All your help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Wu, Yingcai,
CS department,
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.