[vtkusers] how to draw a 3D spring

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 21:07:07 EST 2005

Hi there,

I am very new to VTK. My first intention is to draw
something for my research which requires drawing a
spring-mass system. My question is how to draw the
spring  connectting the two balls. I am thinking using
a sprial(helix) tube. The helix has a very simple
mathematica form but the problem is how to draw it
three dimensionly, like the real springs. I am
thinking the vtkSweptSurface Class. But is there any
other way to do it, like curved tubes?
Thanks a lot.
Shi