[vtkusers] Volume rendering of vtkUnstructuredGrid

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 24 13:37:18 EST 2005

First error: I do not think the SetScalarModeToUseCellData method exists
in the 4.4 release of VTK.  At the time, only point data was supported
(and if I recall you could only use the active scalars).  The CVS trunk
has this method and the ability to render cell data.

Second error: To reiterate what Mathieu said, the name of the method is
SetRayCastFunction, not SetVolumeRayCastFunction.  However, there is no
reason to call this since a default
vtkUnstructuredGridBunykRayCastFunction is created for you and that is
the only concrete implementation of
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastFunction available.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov