[vtkusers] Still having difficulties installing vtk

Tore Aurstad toreaur at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Feb 13 20:04:47 EST 2005

Well,now I finally got Debian 3.0 up, i had problems getting
my nic card up, and apt-get should help me out nicely as it
looks from here. I find debian packages for all my needed
programs, so hopefully I can install VTK directly from such packages.

(apt-cache search <package> reveals them all).

I also think the main reason is that VTK is not working FC3
is that FC3 uses Xorg and FC2 uses XFree86.

Let's hope that FC4 (future fedora projects) will make it simpler
to install VTK.

Tore Aurstad
Norway