[vtkusers] vtk, wx, MacOSX

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sat Feb 12 06:49:48 EST 2005

[...]
    SN> The Gtk-1.2 build in combination with my own Python wxVTK
    SN> class still gives me problems on Mac OS X and Linux if I leave
    SN> threading enabled in Python/wxWidgets. Unless I disable

With Debian Sarge, using wxPython-2.4.2.6 via the libwxgtk2.4-python
package, I use wxPython and VTK-4.4 fairly regularly.  wxc.so links to
libpthread so I'm guessing that wxPython is built with threads.  No
problems.  This is even when I use wxPython and VTK interactively
using IPython with the -wthread option.  This is with GTK-1.2 and with
the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py from 4.4.

[...]
    SN> The Windows build is also still not perfect: VTK will
    SN> sometimes give me a 'wglMakeCurrent failed in Clean()' error
    SN> when I close a window (only happens when multiple wxVTK
    SN> windows are open and occurs with both our own C++ wxVTK class
    SN> as well as the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py class). The
    SN> program will however happily continue, so this is not a real
    SN> show-stopper for us.

Hmm, using the Enthought enhanced Python build works perfectly for me
under win32 + wxPython-2.4.x + VTK 4.4.

cheers,
prabhu