[vtkusers] Display tetrahedrons

Thinnes alexandre.thinnes at aist.go.jp
Tue Feb 8 03:54:34 EST 2005

Hello,

Thank's for help Immo,
But it seams Delaunay3D is used for no structured data.
The original file give the coordinate of each vertex and also witch link they have
each other.
Like this:
%% Version 2.0
%% VertexNumber: 8
%% EdgeNumber: 18
%% FaceNumber: 16
%% ElementNumber: 4
%% DO NOT CHANGE LINES ABOVE !!!!
% NET: Vertices <-> Edges <-> Faces <-> Elements
% Vertices: x y z
0 0 0
10 0 0
10 10 0
0 10 0
0 0 10
10 0 10
10 10 10
0 10 10
$
% Edges (Indices to List of Points):
0 5
5 7
7 0
0 4
7 4
4 5
5 3
3 7
7 6
3 6
6 5
0 3
0 1
5 1
3 1
7 2
0 2
3 2
$
% Faces (Indices to List of Edges):
0 1 2
0 3 4
3 5 2
4 1 5
1 7 6
8 9 7
10 9 6
8 10 1
0 6 11
12 0 13
11 14 12
6 13 14
2 7 11
2 15 16
11 17 16
7 17 15
$
% Elements (Indices to List of Faces):
0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15

I would like to know how to display this kind of file in VTK.
I can easily get the points coordinates related with one element (So, I can display
one tetrahedron with vtktetra in that case) but I didn't find the way to display all
of them.
Of course I could make different actor for each element, but this solution is not the
good one if I have thousand of elements.
Someone have any idea about the good way to do that?
I looked lot of examples but all of them used a single tetrahedron.

Thanks for your help,
Alexandre