[vtkusers] vtkLabeledDataMapper bug ?

de Boer Ingo I.deBoer at polytec.de
Mon Feb 7 07:10:34 EST 2005

Hi Malcom,

I saw that sample, but I don't plan on using this
filter. Quote from the documenation:
"... You must carefully synchronize the execution of this filter.
The filter refers to a renderer, which is modified every time
a render occurs. Therefore, the filter is always out of date,
and always executes...."
So, this is not acceptable for a large object. There should be
a simpler way, like using the z-buffer to hide the label...

greets
  Ingo

---
Dr.-Ing. Ingo H. de Boer

Polytec GmbH
Polytec-Platz 1-7, 76337 Waldbronn, Germany
phone: ++49 7243 604 106
fax  : ++49 7243 604 255