[vtkusers] Quick question about using vtk and qt

Tore Aurstad toreaur at stud.ntnu.no
Sat Feb 5 10:19:46 EST 2005

I have a VTK scene which is very simple, but I need to show it in the
GUI Qt. I have heard of both vtkqt and QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.

I have installed python, qt and pyqt, vtk and tried out some
examples that displays qt widgets. I now want to show the
vtk scene inside the qt widget with QVTKRenderWindowInteractor.

Can somebody provide me with a (smallest) example of how to
display a vtk render window inside QT?

I guess others also wonder about this important issue.

Thanks in advance -

Tore Aurstad