[vtkusers] How can I insert a Tcl binary string into a vtkDataArray?

Erin McKay e.mckay at unsw.edu.au
Wed Feb 2 00:19:53 EST 2005

I have a big chunk of data (from a database) in a Tcl binary string.
I'd really like to stuff it into a vtkDataArray for analysis. Is there
any fast way to do this? I've tried vtkCharArray::SetArray but it
doesn't like string arguments. SetValue is too slow. I've seen similar
questions asked in the mailing list archives but no definitive answers
as yet. Surely it can't be that hard??

Erin McKay
Senior Physicist
Dept. Nuclear Medicine, St. George Hospital
Sydney, Australia