[vtkusers] I want to use the VTK in VC6.0 but met some error

Peter meancity at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 01:33:04 EST 2005

hi liu,

(assuming you are using windows system as you are using VS compiling the
source.)

 to my knowledge, i guess u need include several things in ur environment
variables. if you compiled source code by urself, you need include
X:/vtkbin/bin/release into your PATH, and if you are using TCL wrap, then u
need set up some TCLLIBPATH point to X:/vtk4.x/Wrapping/tcl
and also if the compilation did not set the VTK_DATA_ROOT, please manually
set it to point it to your vtk data.

i just compiled vtk4.4, it works decently.

someone suggests to copy all dll to system32, that's tedious. just including
relevant directory to environment , that's all.

one more thing is that, please remove all previous installation of vtk.
search vtk*.dll for whole system and remove them. before doing new
compilation.

Yours

Peter Pan.