[vtkusers] Static Libraries in VS C++ 2005 Express

Tallhamer, Mike Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM
Thu Dec 15 16:24:47 EST 2005

Thanks a lot Xiaofeng.

I know have a question on the compiling of VTK (I may have done something
wrong). When you configure the CMake options you wish to build I selected to
build the examples and I also set the path VTKData directory. When I build
the solution in VS Express I selected the configuration manager and set the
build type to release (not sure what the difference is between all the build
types...maybe someone could fill me in privately as not to bore the rest of
the list members with things they all seem to understand) and set the ALL
BUILD project to the startup project. I then Build ALL BUILD. Is that it???

When I ran the INSTALL project all I got was

C:\Program Files\VTK\include\vtk with only eight header files in it

And

C:\Program Files\VTK\lib\vtk ... with nothing in it???

My inexperience is definitely showing through.

-Mike