[vtkusers] GTK and VTK

Matt Kwiec mkwiec at gsti3d.com
Mon Dec 5 11:11:15 EST 2005

I am currently attempting to design a system that uses GTK in Linux to
open a file up and view it in VTK.

Right now I am trying to set up a VTK window that opens up and just
views the data when the proper GTK window button is clicked.  But I
cannot find the correct commands to do this online.

I have found two previous posts about GTKGLArea and GtkGLExt but both of
these options appear to be for opening a VTK image inside a GTK window.
Is this the better route to go or can I open a separate VTK window
outside of the GTK UI.

Matt Kwiec