[vtkusers] problem computing the volume of a tetrahedral cell

Vines, John (Civ, ARL/CISD) jvines at arl.army.mil
Tue Aug 30 12:12:03 EDT 2005

All,
I am trying to compute the volume of a tetrahedral cell using the "vtkTetra::ComputVolume()" method.  I do not understand why I am getting negative values?

At present I am converting hexahedral cells to tets using the vtkDataSetTriangleFilter().  I then feed in the points from each tetrahedral cell to the vtkTetra::ComputeVolume() method.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

John Vines
Army Research Laboratory
Scientific Visualization Team