[vtkusers] Bug / Infinite Loop in vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter

Charles Boivin okeovtk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:46:18 EDT 2005

Hi Mathieu,

On 8/24/05, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com> wrote:

> The biggest API change was from 4.2 to 4.4. The big change in VTK CVS
> from CVS is basically the pipeline change. So unless you derive your own
> class from a VTK filter you should be all set.

Hmmm.. that's what I was afraid of. I have created my own readers,
writers, and other VTK classes, so I am afraid this will be a lengthy
exercise... I will have to wait for the official release (and
documentation!) to be out, and then I can start hacking away at my
code to make it compatible with VTK 5.0.

Don't worry, I'll come back if the problem isn't fixed.. :)

> And then compare the lastest revision against the one in VTK 4.4 (CVS
> Tag: release-4-4):
> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Graphics/vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter.cxx?r1=1.54&r2=1.36

Ah, had never noticed this was available.. :-/ Really useful! Ok,
there seems to be quite a few fixes since 4.4, so there is hope...
I'll get back to you in time.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Charles Boivin