[vtkusers] RE: I am not sure if vtk can solve my problem

Leon Chen liming.leon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:26:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

Do you mean the 3D-2D correspondence problem?

You have the 3D model (set of points), and a 2D image. Now you want to
find the correspondence?

This is what I am doing now. But I am not sure what you want?

Genreally...

* The vtk is a good visualization tool, but not a specific image
registration toolkit. the ITK is much better if you want to focus on
your registration work.
* Of couser you can use vtk to solve the problem, but maybe you have
to write some codes to implement some off-screen work. Then you can
visualize it. The advantage of ITK is that it provides lots of
ready-to-go classes and method.
 * As for your question , I am not sure what the 'resolution' means?
Could be more specific? By the way, the depth information is
complicated. If the focal length of the camera which take the 2D
picture is unknow, lots of work must to be done to recover some
depth-related arguments.. :(

Quoting: