[vtkusers] change contrast in volume object (it's too dark)

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Aug 18 11:43:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

First you need to determine why your image is dark. Is it dark because you
are using shading and 1) don't have appropriate lighting parameters
(ambient, diffuse, specular) or 2) don't have well-defined gradients in the
data? Or, is it dark because your opacity function is too low and you are
"seeing through" the whole volume (seeing mostly the background color)? Or
is it dark because you have dark colors in your color transfer function?
The solution is different depending on the reason for your dark image.

Lisa