[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidgetPython.cxx

Murat Ahat murat.ahat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:49:53 EDT 2005

Hi Rohan,
  I had the same problem when I install it on my Xandros box. but it
was with tcl wrapping option, not with python wrapping.
  I checked the code and found out that it first checks the version of
the tcl, and uses different functions for different versions. Say, for
tcl8.4 and tcl8.3, it has different functions. and I dug deeper into
the tcl headers, and finally found out, instead of my tcl8.4, in my
machine I had the header files of the tcl8.3. got it? in short, my
tcl and its headers were not from the same version, they were
different. I installed the right headers and the problem was solved.
  I suggest you should check the python version and its header
version. if they don't match each other, install the right headers. if
you are using something like ubuntu or redhat, you may able to find the
binary files. if you can't find, try to install python from source.
good luck!!!
 Murat