[vtkusers] Bypassing OpenGL Color Interpolation?

rywchiu rywchiu at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 10 20:47:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to display a vtkImageData (using vtkDataSetMapper and vtkActor), but the image I get is quite blurry as a result of color interpolation. After looking through the mailing list, it seems that its a problem with OpenGL and using texture mapping could help bypass the problem.

I found the following thread that offers a solution:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2004-May/073632.html

However, I'm not completely sure how this works... Is there a way to create a multi-component image (containg RGB values rather than the scalar) and using that as the texture to map?

Has anyone had success with bypassing this problem? Any example code would greatly help...

Thanks,
Rita