[vtkusers] viewing volume clipping plane

Kim Chuan Lim lim.kim.chuan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 06:58:46 EDT 2005

Hi vtk-users,

What is the proper way to setup the camera clipping range for a
viewing volume with size 600x600x600? I want to move a Cone like
object(attached to a position sensor) in a working space range from
(0,0,0) to (300,300,300) or (-300,-300,-300).

My Steps:
1) create a cone actor.
2) reading the transformation matrix from the position sensor library.
3) coneActor::PokeMatrix(transformationMatrix)
4) Add actor to the render window and render it.

But my cone alawys out of the clipping range.
I could see the cone getting clipping and disappear
when i move the position sensor.

How should i setup the camera?
vtkCamera::SetClippingRange (double -300, double 300) ??

Some other questions:
Renderer ResetCamera <- what is the value this method will reset?
Renderer ResetCameraClippingRange <- what will be the reset value?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kim Chuan.