[vtkusers] DICOM into vtkStructuredPoints

Łukasz Tutaj ltutaj at wp.pl
Sun Aug 7 06:09:47 EDT 2005

Hi Joshua.

    If you want to know everything about DICOM format you should visit
this websit http://medical.nema.org. In few words  it is Digital Imaging
and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard for distributing and
viewing any kind of medical image. In VTK there is a special class for
reading DICOM files called vtkDICOMImageReader. It is very simple but i
hope in future it will be developed. However using this class you can
import data from one or more DICOM files nad then visualize it in way
you want.

Regards
Łukasz