[vtkusers] VTK 5.0 branch in mid-August

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 1 10:39:17 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-31 13:44, Will Schroeder said:

>Unless I hear some compelling reasons, we are looking at a tentative
>date of mid-August to branch VTK 5.0. It's time to get something out,
>and the revamped pipeline is stable.

What does this mean exactly?

Currently the "official release" is 4.2 and there is an "interim
release" of 4.4.  Will there be a 4.5 (I have heard the current cvs
state referred to as 4.5).  Or will 5.0 be the next "official release"?
Or "interim release"?

I am all for a new release soon, as even the "interim release" does not
compile on Mac OS X. (cvs code does, but many people prefer to work from
releases, not top of tree.)

thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com