[vtkusers] vtkSCLReader, vtkContourFilter-Output

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Aug 1 08:46:56 EDT 2005

At 12:14 AM 7/30/2005, Joshua Thomas wrote:
>Hi All,
>  I am creating a pipeline in vtk  reading the data (CT Scanner vw_knee.slc)
>I created the surface using vtkContourFilter object i chose the
>density units as 75.
>I used the extra objects such as PolyDataMapper with the Actor
>Addactor GetOutput etc.,
>I set properties in the actor as ScalarVisibilityOff . I tidying up
>with vtkOutlineFilter. But i donot know how to use vtkExtractVOI for
>the sub-sampling the data. Below is the source code (vtk with Tcl)

 From the header file vtkExtractVOI.h:  (The VTK documentation is
also available on-line at: http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classes.html.)

   // Set the sampling rate in the i, j, and k directions. If the rate is >
   // 1, then the resulting VOI will be subsampled representation of the
   // input.  For example, if the SampleRate=(2,2,2), every other point will
   // be selected, resulting in a volume 1/8th the original size.

>## Now i can see the knee joint bones but not the skin. Can anyone help!

You can set more than one contour value in vtkContourFilter. The
SetValue method takes an index and a contour value, so add something
like the following:

contours SetValue 1 $skinValue
# You have to figure out what the correct contour value is for skin...

- Amy