[vtkusers] Using QVTKWidget

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Apr 27 16:36:31 EDT 2005

> As you can see, I do exactly that.  However, the window now pops up,
> but there is nothing in it.  It is like the window is not receiving
> any events since I can resize the window and the window seems to take
> on the "image" of the windows behind it or my background.  This is on
> Solaris 9.  I wonder if this is some sort of GL problem...
>
> Any ideas?

I have two ideas, both of which lead to the visual behavior you are seeing.
1. Make sure you add a vtkRenderer to the vtkRenderWindow so it can at
least draw something.
2. Make sure the Qt event loop is started ( qApp->exec() ).  On X11, you
can still resize the window even if the event loop isn't started.

Clint