[vtkusers] undefined reference to `XF86VidModeQueryVersion' on

Juan José Aja Fernández juan.aja at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 02:42:54 EDT 2005

Hi Mathieu,

Sorry to bother again, but I didn't quite understand the root of the problem.
Previous to posting my question in this list I searched in the ubuntu
forums for similar problems, basically all the solutions consisted in
apt-geting some packages, libxxf86vm-dev  in particular. I did as
sugested and downloaded the listed packages but the results were the
same, I have libXxf86vm.so and libXext.so in  /usr/X11R6/lib/ and VTK
keeps complaining about XF86VidModeQueryVersion.

It's kind of weird, I read the bug report you linked and I;m beggining
to think that the extension of the problem is much bigger than I first
though. My Hoary build is relatively basic, but I took care of getting
the appropiate packages with no satisfactory results. Any ideas as to
what can I do?

Again, sorry to bother you. and thanks a lot.

Juan.