[vtkusers] undefined reference to `XF86VidModeQueryVersion' on

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sun Apr 24 00:19:23 EDT 2005

Hi Juan,

  I did not spent much time on this issue, since I am not familiar with X.org implementation. But here is the script I used to build ParaView on Hoary:

http://www.paraview.org/Testing/Sites/sulaco.kitware/Linux-gcc4-Xorg/20050423-0428-Experimental/Notes.html

Basically the important line is:
X11_Xext_LIB:FILEPATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so;/usr/X11R6/lib/libXxf86vm.so

If you have time to investigate this issue please send me your note on:

http://vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1777&pos=0

Mathieu
Ps: by default this lib is not there so you need to so:

  sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev