[vtkusers] vtk-developer list?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Apr 5 12:48:01 EDT 2005

Randall Hand wrote:
> Well, the whole sentence was "do require some makefile changes" :)
>
> But yea, I need to include "vtkVolumeRendering" in addition to
> "vtkRendering" in my link libraries (I assume, haven't tried to compile
> the latest CVS version this morning).  Previously I've had to make
> changes to the list of linked libraries as files moved between Patented
> & Rendering & Filtering.  It's nothing major, but it's a mild annoyance
> to get an "unresolved symbol" error and have to find out where the file
> moved.

What is the main reason of using Makefile directly instead of CMakeLists
? In which case it would be cmake that would create the list of
dependencies properly and save you some time to do programming...

> As for the FAQ link, I didn't know that was maintained there.  I had
> always checked http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Proposed_Changes_to_VTK, but it
> seems that page is pretty stale.  Perhaps it should be deleted, or at
> least updated with a link to the proper FAQ entry.

Well these are two differents pages, I believe it should not be deleted.
Or at least until the task is finished.

BTW both the FAQ and the page you mention are Wiki based so they also
rely on user like you to be updated/corrected.

Thanks for your feeback
Mathieu