[vtkusers] vtk-developer list?

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:10:54 EDT 2005

Well, the whole sentence was "do require some makefile changes" :)

But yea, I need to include "vtkVolumeRendering" in addition to
"vtkRendering" in my link libraries (I assume, haven't tried to compile the
latest CVS version this morning). Previously I've had to make changes to the
list of linked libraries as files moved between Patented & Rendering &
Filtering. It's nothing major, but it's a mild annoyance to get an
"unresolved symbol" error and have to find out where the file moved.

As for the FAQ link, I didn't know that was maintained there. I had always
checked http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Proposed_Changes_to_VTK, but it seems that
page is pretty stale. Perhaps it should be deleted, or at least updated with
a link to the proper FAQ entry.

On Apr 5, 2005 10:52 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
wrote:

> Yes:
>
> Also I believe the FAQ is up to date:
>
> [ Roadmap: What changes are being considered for VTK ]
>
> http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#Roadmap:_What_changes_are_being_considered_for_VTK
>
> Otherwise you need to keep an eye on the nightly dashboard.
>
> BTW waht do you mean exactly by : 'do require some makefile'. Could you
> give an example ?
>
> Thanks,
> Mathieu
>
> Randall Hand wrote:
> > Is there a vtk-developer mailing list?
> >
> > I just ask because I see alot of things being changed/moved around in
> > the CVS version, and would like to get what little advance notice of
> > these kinds of changes I can, as I'm developing stuff from the CVS in
> > preparation for 4.5/5.0 release. Things like the new "VolumeRendering"
> > kit and the new "vtkInformation" structures do require some makefile
> > changes and such to get them to work. They're minor, but i'ld love to
> > see some of the reasoning behind these things & kinda know they were
> > "upcoming".
> >
> > --
> > Randall Hand
> > Visualization Scientist