[vtkusers] Picking On vtkGlyph3D

Yves Carof yves.carof at laposte.net
Thu Sep 30 17:05:02 EDT 2004

Hi

I' trying to get the scalar value of a picked point on a vtkGlyph3D, and I don't how to do...
I've a vtkGlyph3D with a vtkPolyData for the input,
The vtkPolyData is filled with a vtkPoints and a vtkFloatArray (for the scalars)
A vtkSphereSource is used as a source for the vtkGlyph3D, and it work well :
I can see well colored spheres on each points of my vtkPolyData.

But, as I say, now I want to know the scalar value of the picked point (I used a vtkPointPicker), I've tried to match the pointId returned by the vtkPointPicker with my vtkPoints, but it seems that there is no relation between those two type of pointId...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Yves Armel CAROF
EDF R&D