[vtkusers] Re: [CMake] tcl wrapping & LocalUserOptions.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Sep 27 16:01:53 EDT 2004

Dean Inglis wrote:
> my out of source incarnation of VTK/Examples/Build/vtkMy
> is called "vtkLocal" for lack of a better name: sorry if this
> is confusing.  So, in a tcl script to test one of
> my classes, I thought I should only have to write
> package require vtk
> package require vtklocal
>
> at a cmd prompt what I am now getting is:
> ::vtk::load_component: vtkLocalGraphicsTCL could not be found.
> + an error message window explaining about the TCLLIBPATH settings etc.

If I remember correctly, the load_component procedure should not be
getting called for a static build because the library is linked into the
executable.  The "init" procedure for the package should be doing a
Tcl_PkgProvides(interp, "vtkLocalGraphicsTCL").  That way when someone
requests the package Tcl knows it is already initialized.

-Brad