[vtkusers] Use of vtkCamera to display specific regions

Bernhard Mayrhofer berninho1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 05:12:29 EDT 2004

Hello,

I use vtkWindowToImageFilter to get Images of the window. It works fine. I need images with an defined point in the middle. So i tried vtkCamera, but i don´t get what i want. It seems now more a problem on how to adjust the cam. I´m no expert on camera models, i tried much but the output was never what i expected. I have an oriented point ( x y z, normals nx ny nz). This point should be centered in the middle of the image. Which values are needed to set SetPosition(..),SetFocalPoint(..),... to get what i want?

Thanks
Bernhard