[vtkusers] Question about VtK

Florent.Chandelier at USherbrooke.ca Florent.Chandelier at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 20 18:46:41 EDT 2004

Just to be sure i'm not going right into the wall ...

I have RAW ( non-filtered ) µCT slices stored in bitmap format of bone.
I want to reconstruct the 3D volume derived of these slices to be able
to see the bone structure.
Do I have to pre filtered the images in order to do the reconstruction (
  I mean do I have to do a "sort of binarisation" ) to be able to see my
bone or is VTK able to reconstruct the 3D volume derived by the voxel of
my data ....

I ask this question coz when I use Vtk ( and i'm a newbie ) I get a
single image, or just, the empty rendering cube.

thx for taking the time of reading this .....

btw i think an example is missing for newbie concerning the 3D
reconstruction ( and I mean voxel reconstruction and not surface ... )
using bmp,tiff or whatever provided by a stack of those files ... So in
fact I'll be glad to share my sources ( for newb I'm speakin' ) as soon
as it will be ok for me.

flo