[vtkusers] Is there any way to preserve some of the original points thru decimation?

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Mon Sep 20 13:33:32 EDT 2004

vtkQuadricClustering has a UseInputPoints option. It doesn't allow you to
specify which points to use. Using this option means that when a
representative point is selected to replace a group of points, the
representative point will be one of the points from the input mesh.

To my knowledge, the other decimation algorithms do not have similar
functionality.

- Amy