[vtkusers] Is there any way to preserve some of the original points thru decimation?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Sep 20 13:17:30 EDT 2004

Chris,

	No I don't think there is such options in vtkDecimate* class. What do
you call a subset ? Any kind or a particular one? Such as boundary
vertex ? If so then yes you can 'freeze' the boundary vertex
(BoundaryVertexDeletionOff).

	Otherwise you'll have to look at the code to implement such
enhancement. How do you plan to pass such arbitrary points ? User
interaction ?

Thanks
Mathieu