[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget - "cannot find class vtkCollectionSimpleIterator"

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Mon Sep 20 09:03:38 EDT 2004

Hi Istvan,

The problem is that you downloaded the latest CVS version of
vtkImagePlaneWidget.cxx and tried to compile it into VTK 4.4.  That version
of VTK was created late in 2003, so you should not expect to be able to
update a single class to the current version and have everything work
properly.  You should either use VTK 4.4 (even though vtkImagePlaneWidget
in that release does not have the specific method you mentioned), or you
should use the CVS version of VTK (the current development version, which
will contain bugs that a release version will not).  Either way, use a
single version of VTK; do not try to mix classes from different
versions.  If you decide to use the CVS version, the instructions for
getting VTK through CVS can be found here: http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php.

- Amy