[vtkusers] Vtk Visual Studio 7 .NET Linking warning

Nacho Larrabide nacho at lncc.br
Fri Sep 17 17:19:09 EDT 2004

Than-X for the quick response Brad!,

       But I've tryed to clean the hole build tree and the probles is
       steel there. Any other suggestion?.
       One more thing, what should be the steps to build my
       vtk-itk-fltk aplication staticly? is there any
       tutorial/help/handout where I can take a look on how to do
       these?. Visual Developer keeps on making one small exe file and
       I have to carry al the dlls (at least the vtk and itk
       libraries).
       Please bring some light over my darknes because I'm going
       crazy... :).

       Than-X again for your response

       Regards,

       Nacho

BK> Nacho Larrabide wrote:

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>>    I send a message a few days ago on this subject but I've got no
>>    response yet and I still couldn't solve this problem. I'm trying to
>>    staticly link vtk on Visual Developer Studio 7 .NET and I get this
>>    linking warnings and errors:
>>
>>    vtktiff.lib(zlib.res) : fatal error LNK1241: resource file
>> vtkzlib.lib(zlib.res) already specified
>>
>>    [...]
>>    vtkCommon.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj) : warning LNK4006:
>> "public: char __thiscall vtkLargeInteger::CastToChar(void)const "
>> (?CastToChar at vtkLargeInteger@@QBEDXZ) already defined in
>> vtkFiltering.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj); second definition ignored
>>    vtkCommon.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj) : warning LNK4006:
>> "public: short __thiscall vtkLargeInteger::CastToShort(void)const "
>> (?CastToShort at vtkLargeInteger@@QBEFXZ) already defined in
>> vtkFiltering.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj); second definition ignored
>>    vtkCommon.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj) : warning LNK4006:
>> "public: int __thiscall vtkLargeInteger::CastToInt(void)const "
>> (?CastToInt at vtkLargeInteger@@QBEHXZ) already defined in
>> vtkFiltering.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj); second definition ignored
>>    vtkCommon.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj) : warning LNK4006:
>> "public: class vtkLargeInteger & __thiscall
>> vtkLargeInteger::operator/=(class vtkLargeInteger const &)"
>> (??_0vtkLargeInteger@@QAEAAV0 at ABV0@@Z) already defined in
>> vtkFiltering.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj); second definition ignored
>>    vtkCommon.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj) : warning LNK4006:
>> "public: class vtkLargeInteger __thiscall
>> vtkLargeInteger::operator/(class vtkLargeInteger const &)const "
>> (??KvtkLargeInteger@@QBE?AV0 at ABV0@@Z) already defined in
>> vtkFiltering.lib(vtkLargeInteger.obj); second definition ignored
>>    [...]
>>
>>    This last warning I get it many times (like I'm including or
>>    linking something too times).
>>    May be I'm not configuring CMake properly or there is something to
>>    do in VS 7 that I'm not doing. Do I have to set the static link on
>>    CMake or in VStudio? How do I do this?.

BK> The duplicate symbols are caused by the recent move of a bunch of
BK> classes from Common to Filtering.  If you create a fresh build with
BK> clean build tree this problem should go away.

BK> -Brad

Nacho Larrabide
Rua Getulio Vargas 333 - Quitandinha - CEP: 25651-070
Petropolis - RJ - Brasil

Tel: +54 24 2233-6137  - Fax: +54 24 2233-6167

mailto:nacho at lncc.br