[vtkusers] image flickering..?

Louis Desjardins lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 15:47:08 EDT 2004

Thanks Amy,

I tried that and it helped a bit, i.e. I now see solid lines instead of them
flickering.
However it appears that my box is continuously changing its size for some
reason (very slightly though), thought it shouldnt' be..  Its actually a
PlaneSource and I use FeatureEdges to outline this plane,  and I'm
continuously changing the normal to this plane and at the same time moving
my camera position and focal point along with the plane normal to make it
appear like the Plane is at a fixed position (for example if I'm
rollerblading alongside a bike at exactly the same speed, then it seems like
the bike is stationary and its everything else thats moving)

So I dont know what could cause my plane to be changing so slightly.. but
anyhow

So I am also rendering an unstructured mesh (which I have colored black) in
the background; then the plane slices through this mesh and some data
corresponding to what it has just sliced is color coded and rendered onto
the plane; and then on top of that I render the plane edge using
FeatureEdges

So the order that I render is  mesh, planesource, and edge

However sometimes its as if the mesh is slicing through the planesource or
is overlapping it for some reason (even though mesh should be rendered first
and the colorcoded planesource should be overlapping it instead)

I dont know why it does this
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much, much appreciated
LD