[vtkusers] "LIC Algorithm" and "Unstructured grid volume rendering"

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Sep 13 02:39:01 EDT 2004

Christpher Auer wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> can someone tell me please, if there is currently some development on
> the implementation of "LIC Algorithm" and/or "Unstructured grid volume
> rendering"? Or do you know someone who might know this?

We have an implementation of the Lagrangian Eulerian Advection algorithm
published at IEEE Vis 2001. It produces LIC images for steady fields and
time-dependent LIC-like textures with spatial and temporal continuity
for un-steady fields.

Source code, Makefile and test routines are provided for VTK and ParaView.

http://www.cscs.ch/~jfavre/Projects/vtkLEA/vtklea.htm

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/Favre.php