[vtkusers] installing VTK with the Java wrapper

giulio.pagan at ntlworld.com giulio.pagan at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 10 19:12:21 EDT 2004

Hi

I hope someone can help. I have installed VTK 4.2 on rehat 9
a few months ago and I had no major problems. I had to do that again on a different machine and I cannot run any of the examples. They fail during the execution (everything compiles ok) with the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
        at vtk.vtkConeSource.VTKInit(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:98)
        at vtk.vtkProcessObject.<init>(vtkProcessObject.java:86)
        at vtk.vtkSource.<init>(vtkSource.java:86)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.<init>(vtkPolyDataSource.java:30)
        at vtk.vtkConeSource.<init>(vtkConeSource.java:114)
        at Cone.main(Cone.java:33)

Can anybody help ? I spent ages on this already.
The LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to /usr/local/VTK/bin

I tried the installation on both redhat9 (At work) and
at home on mandrake 10. The error is the same.

help !

Giulio