[vtkusers] creating a surface around a range of gray scale values

Mullens Herbert M Contr AFRL/MLLMD Herbert.Mullens at wpafb.af.mil
Tue Sep 7 10:18:47 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I am trying to create surface renderings of grayscale microstructures.  I have a stack of 8 bit bitmaps that I am reading.  What I would like to be able to do is create a single surface that encloses anything that is in a specified range of grayscale values.  The only thing I have been able to find is a way to generate multiple surfaces that are evenly spaced out over a range.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Herb Mullens