[vtkusers] DeepCopy doesn't copy vectors?

ALIZIER Julien AUSY julien.alizier-ausy at irsn.fr
Tue Sep 7 09:04:09 EDT 2004

Hi Tom,

DeepCopy works well if both instances are of the same type (e.g. both
vtkPolydata or both vtkUnstructuredGrid, etc...).

Use NewInstance to create an new instance of the same type :

	vtkDataSet * original = this->func();
	vtkDataSet * my_data = original->NewInstance();
	my_data->DeepCopy(original);

	my_data->GetPointData()->GetVectors();

HTH

-- Julien