[vtkusers] Can I map a scalar field to opacity field?

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Mon Sep 6 16:48:17 EDT 2004

Hi Tahwwhat,
   Default behaviour would have your glyphs coloured according to your
scalar field using the default lookup table. If you create your own
(vtkLookupTable) you can specify a range of opacity (SetAlphaRange) along
with the colour range. Note you can also specify RGBA for individual table
entries with SetTableValue if a linear opacity ramp is not what you want.
  Dave P