[vtkusers] How to use VTK in JBuilderX?

肥肥 sqsavage at tom.com
Fri Oct 29 12:43:32 EDT 2004

How to use VTK in JBuilderX?

I try the example Cone.java in JBuilderX, but an error “UnsatisfiedLinkError” occoured.

In the example there is a script of source code to load native .dll model(such as vtkCommonJava, vtkRenderingJava, and so on):

public class Cone {

  // In the static contructor we load in the native code.
  // The libraries must be in your path to work.
  static {
    System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");
    System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");
    System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");
    System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");
    System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");
    System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");

  }

 public static void main (String []args) {

Run the project ,then an error occurred like this:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no vtkCommonJava in java.library.path 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1491) 	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788) 	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834) 	at cone.Cone.(Cone.java:22)

I have install the VTK on the path “F:\vtk42Learning\vtk42”. And I have set the entironment variable classpath like this: F:\vtk42Learning\vtk42. My OS is WinXP professional.

How can I correct this error?