[vtkusers] Color Filter(Human Visible Project)

Nathaniel Gonzalez ngonzalez at rcm.upr.edu
Thu Oct 28 10:32:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm currently working on a simple application to display the Visible
Human Data and then add a little more information to the image. I'm
having problems removing the blue gel from the images. I think that
vtk can do it but I don't know how. Many people have process the images
before loading them in vtk. In the web page of Steven Matuszek he says

"In Making use of the fact that little or none of the human body is
green, blue or magenta, this filter simply replaces with black any pixel
whose blue value is more than 1.2 times the red and green values"

If anyone knows how to do this in vtk or in a pre-process script and can
point me in the right direction It would be of a lot of help.

Thanks

Nathaniel Gonzalez
RCMI-CIAR
Medical Science Campus