[vtkusers] Cell Picking to return FE element ID?

Steve Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 27 19:56:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

I read in my finite element results as unstructured data and then render
them.  I'd like to use cell picking to ID certain cells from the FE model.

Right now, cell picking returns the ID of the rendered primative (i.e.,
a face of one of the elements) rather than the original element ID.

How can I return the FE element ID rather than the rendered face ID
(which is meaningless in terms of the original FE data)?

Thanks,

Steve