[vtkusers] Problem upgrading from VTK3.1 (UG+Field)

Gil at FEMplusplus.com gil at femplusplus.com
Mon Oct 25 17:08:16 EDT 2004

Hi,
When upgrading an old application from VTK3.1 to VTK4.2 I get the following error:
"...could not find the requested method: SetFieldData...  while executing [[Ureader GetOutput] GetPointData] SetFieldData $f"
What the program tries to do is to read an Unstructured grid and its results field from different files, and display the deformed grid (and eventually other results).

Searching the lists, I know that there have been many changes in the FieldData area, but couldn't figure how to change the code.
A simplified tcl file+data files are attached.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Gil

Email: gil at femplusplus.com