[vtkusers] [Try Again] Multiple Volumes with one Renderer

"Johannes Käfer" jak4.scr at gmx.net
Mon Oct 18 15:57:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to render two or more Volumes with one Renderer. I don't want to
be able to see a volume lying behind the volume in front. Can someone give
me a hint?

More detailed. I'm rendering two volumes in one renderer as said above. This
works quite nice. I'm using the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper with the
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction.
The Volumes I render are quite translucent so when I have two volumes I can
see the volume lying behind the first one. I don't want this to happen. I
want to stop the raycasting when I enter a new Volume. Is there any way this
can be done/ has already been done? If not were to start modifying vtk in
order to get it done.

Thank you for your help.

best regards
  Johannes